Wednesday 12 January 2011

MY CO-PRODUCTION COMPANY

Co-Production company
I learned from the Film Distributors’ Association 2009/2010 that distributors try to spread the risk and opportunity across different platforms. Production companies have business partners and sister companies to help with funding. Therefore I decided to create my own sister company to show that my company was sharing with a European company to ensure distribution with the European market. The result of this is going to be ‘Ressa Films’ in co-production with ‘Compagnia Colosseo. I decided to create an Italian production company because I felt my thriller would appeal to an Italian audience, and then hopefully this would give my film a strong link to the European market. I chose to use a picture of the colosseum Rome because it is a strong iconic Italian image, and from this I came up with the name of the company. I also finished off the picture by colouring it in with the colours of the Italian flag, to ensure that the viewer knows this is an Italian company.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent creative work to illustrate your observation that many films are co-productions. This ident clearly signals its European/Italian identity and is crisp and classy.

    ReplyDelete